1) Changes to this Privacy Notice
2) Third Party Websites
3) How is my personal information collected?
We collect personal information:
- Directly from you – by filling in offline paper-based forms (including signing up for our events); or through our website (such as to sign up to our newsletter).
- We will only use photographs of you participating in Taqasim Music School activities if we have received permission from you to do so. These will be shared/ published on our websites, social media platforms or offline.
If we have not done so already, we will notify you when we receive personal information about you from other sources and tell you how and why we intend to use that personal information.
4) What personal information will Taqasim Foundation collect about me?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Identity data such as your name and other data such as feedback and survey responses)
- Photographs, video and/ or audio recordings.
- Contact data such as your address, email and telephone numbers.
- Technical data such as your IP address when you browse our websites.
- Communication Preferences.
- Any other information you provide us as above (3) How is my personal information collected?”).
5) How and why will the Taqasim Foundation use my personal information?
Taqasim Foundation will use your personal information for purposes specified in this Policy. In particular, including:
- for “service administration purposes”: Taqasim Foundation may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for (e.g. send you notifications in the form of newsletters to inform and remind clients of upcoming events, courses, workshops and other activities related to the services that the Taqasim Music School provides);
- to provide you with information or support;
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide (such as student testimonials).
- to personalize the way Taqasim Foundation content is presented to you
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyze and improve the services offered on the Taqasim Foundation websites e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience, and to administer our website.
- to enable us to review, develop and improve the products and services we provide.
- to occasionally carry out market research.
- to send you details of Youth Music’s work, activities, promotions, products, services, special offers and rewards that we think will be of interest to you. It’s up to you to decide whether or not you want to receive this information.
- to process donations.
- to communicate with you in general and to manage relationships with our supporters and stakeholders.
- to audit and administer our accounts.
- to satisfy legal and regulatory obligations, and for the prevention of fraud or misuse of services.
- for the establishment, defence and/ or enforcement of legal claims.
Where Youth Music proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
6) When and how will Taqasim Foundation contact me?
Taqasim Foundation may contact you for a number of different purposes using the contact details you have provided. The basis on which we do so differs depending on the purpose of the communication, and specifically whether it is a marketing communication or not.Marketing communications
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about our events which we consider may be of interest to you. Where we do so by email we will obtain your consent to do so (which can be withdrawn) – for example, if you sign up to receive newsletters from our website.
Generally, we send the following types of marketing communications:
- Updates about our work or the work of partner organizations and projects that we support.
- Campaigns and fundraising appeals.
- Information about events. On occasion, we may also send you a reminder about the same event in future years in case you want to participate in it again.
- Surveys about the Taqasim Foundation services (participation is always voluntary).
You control how we use your personal information for these purposes, and can update your preferences at any time – please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to do so.
If you opt out of these communications, we may retain some appropriate information to enable us to comply with the request not to be contacted in the future.
Administrative and other communications
We will communicate with you using the contact details you have provided for essential administrative and other non-marketing purposes, such as to respond to queries, administer a donation or provide you with services or information you have requested, or contact you about an event you are attending, or for research purposes.
Note that we may still need to communicate with you for these purposes even where you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us.
7) Will Taqasim Foundation share my personal information with anyone else?
Generally, we will only use your personal information within the Taqasim Music School. If there is ever a need to share your personal details with a third party, your permission will always be asked first. That permission may be verbal or written via email.
8) Protecting your personal information
We take appropriate and proportionate measures to keep your personal information secure and to prevent the loss, destruction or misuse of it. For example, information is stored on a secure server and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure, and although we do our best to protect it, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted over the internet.
Generally, the personal information we collect is stored at a destination within the UK or European Union. We use agencies and/ or suppliers to process personal information on our behalf and so personal information may, therefore, be transferred, stored, or accessed outside the UK or EU. In these cases, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place (for example, by entering into an agreement approved by the European Commission for this purpose).
12) Our legal basis for collecting and using your personal information
The law requires us to have one or more of the 6 lawful grounds to collect and use your personal information. The following are relevant to the purposes set out above:
- Where you have given your consent (for example, to receive marketing emails and text messages). This consent can be withdrawn.
- Where there is a contract and the use is necessary for the performance of the contract or to take steps at your request prior to entering into it (though the majority of our relationships are voluntary).
- Where there is a legal obligation.
- Where it is in your/somebody else’s vital interests (for example in the case of a medical emergency suffered at an event).
- Where Taqasim Foundation or others have a “legitimate interest” in the collection and use. The law allows personal information to be collected and used if it is necessary for a legitimate interest – ours are set out here in general terms.
Sometimes it is not practical to ask for consent and we will rely on this legal basis. Where these situations relate to marketing and fundraising, note that you can change your preferences by contacting us (see details below).
We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights when relying on this ground.
13) What are Youth Music’s legitimate interests?
Where we rely on legitimate interests, depending on the activity those might be Taqasim Foundation’s interests or those of a partner organisation.
These legitimate interests, ultimately, are in the running of a commercial entity in pursuit of our charitable objectives, and include the following:
- Charity governance, including delivery of our purposes, statutory and financial reporting and other regulatory compliance.
- Administration and operational management, including responding to solicited enquires, providing information, research, donor due diligence, events management, the administration of our projects and employment and recruitment requirements.
- Fundraising, marketing and campaigning, including administering campaigns and donations, and sending direct marketing by post (and in some cases making marketing calls).
- Providing our services, and this can include your interests, such as when you have requested information or services from us, or the interests of beneficiaries.
14) Can I find out what personal information Youth Music holds about me?
You can contact us asking what personal information Taqasim Foudnation holds about you and to request a copy. Once we are satisfied with your identity and that the right applies we will have 30 days to comply.
15) Your privacy rights
In addition to the right of access, you have a number of rights in relation to our use of your personal information. These include the right:
- to withdraw consent – where we are relying on your consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- to object to processing (use) – you have the right to object where we are (i) relying on the legal basis of our legitimate interests (ii) using your personal information to send direct marketing or (iii) using it for statistical purposes.
- to erasure– in some cases, you can ask us to delete your personal information from our records (or anonymise it). We may retain some (limited) information in order to ensure you are not contacted by us in the future.
- to restrict processing– instead of deletion, you may ask us to restrict our use of your personal information if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
- to rectification– if you believe our records concerning you are inaccurate, you can ask us to update them. You can ask us to check the personal information we hold about you if you are unsure.
- to ‘data portability’– this means that, where we are processing your personal information using automated means on the basis of consent, or to perform a contract, you can ask us to transfer it to you or another service provider in a usable format.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us (details below) with an explanation of the rights you wish to exercise. Note that we may ask for proof of ID or further information.
These rights only apply in limited circumstances. If you would like more information, you can contact us (details below) or consult guidance from the Information Commissioner (the UK regulator) here – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
Contact us (including complaints)
You are entitled to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK regulator for data privacy – www.ico.org.uk/global/contact-us. We are always grateful for the opportunity to resolve your concerns before you feel the need to speak to the ICO.